Sleepless night in Fairy Chimney
Yes, I spent a night in the Fairy Chimney, but I didn't sleep well. There are still a lot of people live in the cave which is cold in summer and warm in winter.
Cappadocia, located in Central Anatolia region is a must-go place in Turkey. It is a very big region, I had no time to visit all the places, instead, I visited Goreme City, and joined a daily Dream Tour. To be honest, I am a bit "katak di bawah tempurung" ( direct translation- frog under the well), I didn't really know that there are a lot of christianity influences in Turkey. Well, turtle is sticking its neck out now....heheheheh. I scored good result in Islamic History during my A-Level, well, somehow, I only studied for the result/score. This is a serious phenomenon of education system in Malaysia.
Cappadocia is full of rock churches, fairy chimneys and underground cities. It is a cool place for hiking! Rose Valley is definetely the best place to hike.
Erosion from wind and rain created valleys in the soft rock that left behind higher sections of interesting formations called “fairy chimneys”. Due to this erosion, the land is surprisingly fertile for farming. I will show u guys the picture soon!
More than 40 underground cities in Cappadocia. I visited Derinkuyu Underground City, which is one of the largest in Cappadocia.Those underground cities were the bases used by chritians to avoid from the invasion of Arabians in the 7th century.
Goreme city is one of the oldest settlements in Anatolia region.It was a town which occuppied by christians who were under attacked by Arabic muslim ages ago. I visited Goreme Open-Air Museum with awesome rock churches and chapels covered with frescoes. Those frescoes tell the stories about christinity during Byzantine and Seljuk periods, which I have no idea what It is all about. To cut it short, I enjoyed seeing those frescoes! :)
Cappadocia is full of rock churches, fairy chimneys and underground cities. It is a cool place for hiking! Rose Valley is definetely the best place to hike.
Erosion from wind and rain created valleys in the soft rock that left behind higher sections of interesting formations called “fairy chimneys”. Due to this erosion, the land is surprisingly fertile for farming. I will show u guys the picture soon!
More than 40 underground cities in Cappadocia. I visited Derinkuyu Underground City, which is one of the largest in Cappadocia.Those underground cities were the bases used by chritians to avoid from the invasion of Arabians in the 7th century.
Goreme city is one of the oldest settlements in Anatolia region.It was a town which occuppied by christians who were under attacked by Arabic muslim ages ago. I visited Goreme Open-Air Museum with awesome rock churches and chapels covered with frescoes. Those frescoes tell the stories about christinity during Byzantine and Seljuk periods, which I have no idea what It is all about. To cut it short, I enjoyed seeing those frescoes! :)
Leaving for Pamukkale tonight. Another 10 hours ride.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home