Leave Your Heart in LODZ
After the Sport Day, I stayed 3 days in Lodz for my work in PGF heardquater. If you are travelling around Poland, the local will definitely suggest you to skip visiting this city. But, I have different point of view after visiting this vibrant city.
The second biggest city in Poland has been nicknamed "Polish Manchester" because It was a textile centre in Poland. Besides, Lodz held the second largest Jewish community in Europe, after Warsaw.
Lodz is a cradle of Polish Cinematography as many famous Polish directors and cameramen have their education here. Lodz will host the Camerimage International Film Photography Festival soon.
Lodz doesn't have Market Square like other cities in Poland; Instead, It has Piotrkowska Street, which is like Broadway in New York. The 3.6km long street is Lodz commercial and gastronomic nerve centre. I had my dinner in Irish Pub, what can I say, It was great! There are some monuments along the street, The "Tuwim Bench" is created in memory of local Poet Julian Tuwim; if you touch his nose, it will bring good luck to you. Another monument is for the Nobel prizewinner in Literature, Wladyslaw Reymont. Not to forget, there is the world largest graffiti at the street.
Finally, Million thanks to Gosia and Asia of PGF for making everything possible during my stay in Lodz.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home