Friday, April 20, 2007

My little Red Book

Sometimes i just love my passport so much. It eases my travelling plan especially for a regular traveller like me. I dont need visa for many countries in Europe, South America, Middle East and of course SEA.
Well, I decided to take a sanity trip 3 days ago, was looking around for the best deal. Without thinking too much, i booked myself a trip to Bahrain and Egypt next week. So excited, as i have been wanting to visit Egypt since i was young. Will be my first time in Middle East and Africa!
I went to this travel agency today, the ticketing girl was so rude , "i am sorry, i cant take the risk to issue u a ticket, because i think everyone needs visa for egypt!". I confronted her " I have confirmed with Egytian Embassy, and with Gulf Airlines, if u know ur job well and if u want business, pls counter check and be professional". Dipayan was next to me, he surprised. U really have to push them, afterall, they always think they are just an employee, they dont own the company.
Listen , Only residents from Middle East and Malaysian do not need visa to enter Egypt! Gosh, am so proud of our diplomat out there! Great job man!
I remember this in 2004, after witnessing Olympic Games in Athens, i took a train to Istanbul; it was a long queue at the border for the immigration clearance. After checking my passport, the officer said this " welcome to Turkey, no visa needed for u" ; many European were shocked to hear that, the might think i am someone "VIP" or something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home