Friday, July 27, 2007

Prayer in Brno, Czech


In Brno right now for Jarek's wedding.Is good to see Jarek again after some time. I just can't believe that Jarek is getting married soon. Ali from Singaopore, a friend of Jana's father is here as well for the wedding. Have been hanging out with him the whole day. I am not a muslim but i was performing the Friday prayer with Ali and around 100+ other muslims in the mosque. I first get myself washed, then sat next the others for the prayers. It took us quite sometime to find this mosque. Ali and I was asking around in the Centrum till we bumped into 2 guys from Tunisia who work in IBM Brno; they introduced us to their landlord from Syria who joined us for the prayers. Being told that there are 1,000 czech people who have converted to Muslim. We interviewed a young guy, Omar, 19, who converted to Muslim 5 years ago.

I am from Malaysia, we have more than 50% muslim there, but this was certainly my first time to go inside the mosque, and joined the prayer with the others. What a cool experience in Europe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home