D.A.R.T.S

I spent 5 days bartending in Alexandra Palace, one of london's most iconic venues. With its beautiful setting with panoramic views of London, stunning architectural features and well proportioned halls, the Palace is now a very popular choice for both corporate and private events. Alexandra Palace was originally billed as the people's palace 24 May 1873, after sixteen days later the palace was destroyed by fire, killing three members of staff. Only the outer walls survived. The building has a wealth of history, for example, during World War I the park was closed and the Palace and grounds were used as an internment camp for German civilians.
The World Darts Championship took place in the Alexandra Palace for the 12 days event. 68 players from 19 countries, 12 days and 1 champion.
I got to know darts when i was in Poland. The student bar next to Slezka Dormitory was our meeting place after our work. Trainees tought me how to play and calculate the points. Darts is a traditional pub game, commonly played by people in the UK (the first country to officially recognize darts as a sport), across the Commonwealth , the Netherlands, Ireland, the Scandinavian countries, the United States and elsewhere.
13 time World champion Phil Taylor was one of the players but unfortunately he did not win. John Part from Canadia proved that he was too strong for the underdog, 21 years old factory worker from the UK, Kirk Shepherd, it was a 7-2 triumph.
I was hesitated to work for Blue Arrow ( a catering agency) due to some reasons, but I was not regretted as I enjoyed myself so much and I met nice people like Win and Berny.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home