Friday, August 13, 2004

Turkey in Retrospect

  1. Ankara is the capital city, not Istanbul.
  2. Haggling is common in Turkey. You can haggle for almost everything, e.g. food, bus fare and lodging.
  3. Turkey has 1st clss in-bus services. Every bus has waiter and waitress to serve you throughout your trip. They will serve you with cologne, drink and snack. You can watch TV or listen to the music from your own compartment. No one is allowed to take off the shoes.
  4. Turkish are really hospitable as it claimed. You have to be here to feel it.
  5. It is not cheap to travel in Turkey as the entrance fees are more expensive for foreigners. E.g. USD2 vs USD10. Double standard!!!
  6. Turkish food is yummy. Kebab and Lahmacun ( Turkish Pizza) are my favourite.
  7. Bring you own toilet paper.
  8. Manila - Jeepney, KL - Intrkota, Istanbul - Dolmus ( Mini Van).
  9. You should try the Apple Tea. I bought some.
  10. I saw some Porno Movies which are sold in public.
  11. 9 out of 10 girls have their hair coloured. I dont know why.But some forgot to dye the eyebrow and other parts. Atas kuning bawah masih sama...hehehehehhe
  12. Kurdish are cool people.
  13. Guys kissing and hugging and walking arm by arm in the public. They are not gay, but this is the culture in Turkey. I got totally shocked when my Turkish friend kissed me as we met.
  14. You can hear Azan ( Ehsan) everywhere in Turkey.

    Before I forget, Happy Birthday to Liesbeth of Belgium, I will see you soon ya!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home