Sunday, July 29, 2007

Jarek&Jana's wedding, Brno, Czech Republic

28th July 2007, a memorable day for me. My first time attending a Czech-Polish wedding, and I was the bestman. I didn't know I played such an important role during Jarek-Jana's wedding, it was an honour. Jarek could have asked
his father, cousin or brother to be his bestman and signed all the documents instead of me. Well, this was the longest wedding party I have ever joined. It started at 3pm and ended at 4am. Live band played lot of Czech and Polish songs throughout the party.

The wedding started as 4 couples ( Jarek & Grandmum, Me and Ewa, Jarek's father & Jana's Mum, Jana & her Father) walked to the stage as soon as wedding song played by the band. Me and Ewa then stood behind Jarek & Jana as the ceremony officer performed the ceremony, this included the 20minutes preaching, rings exchange and the documents
signing.

The dinner took place in of the halls in Hotel Myslivna, Jarek and Jana had the first dance. As requested, I have to dance Jana as well as with her mother. It was fun, and I have no idea what i was doing as I don't dance.

The wedding was more like a Polish wedding as 60 people attended and vodka was served. Czech wedding is rather small, the maximum would be 20people. Overall, I had fun, and I sincerely wish them Happy Forever, and I am glad to withness their wedding.


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

so , must be feeling great yah ! better find another half and am sure you must be the next !

best wishes to you ,

Mildred

2:16 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Midred, kita sama sama usaha la...u have to find another half as well :) Maybe Sookming has to do the same. KWL, i will deliver my promise then.

Darren

9:01 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home