England 2-1 Switzerland
6th of Feb, instead of being in Malaysia celebrating Chinese New Year, I was watching football at Wembley Stadium London. A wicked match between England and Switzerland. Was disappointed when the Team Manager, Fabio Capello dropped david Beckham 2 days before the match because the Italian is doubt over Bechkam's fitness. David Beckham has been left out for his 100th cap. I'm not big fan of him, but I just want to see how good he is on field.
It was 5 degree celsius, was really cold. I had 3 cups of hot chocolate and 1 cup of tea. I could have enjoyed it more if it wasnt that cold. Anyway, it was a wicked match. I know why everyone is talking about English Premier League, simply because the players are skillful and aggressive. I think Asian players are equally good, but the players in here run a lot more FASTER, we are talking about the speed now.
Prior to kick off, Wembley fell silent to honour the victims of the Munich air disaster 50 years ago, though it appeared to be cut short before the full 60 seconds was up. Some infor of the match:
England: James, Brown, Ferdinand, Upson, Ashley Cole (Bridge 73), Bentley, Jenas (Wright-Phillips 57), Gerrard, Barry (Hargreaves 73), Joe Cole (Crouch 57), Rooney (Young 87).Subs Not Used: Carson, Richards, Lescott, Woodgate, Owen, Defoe, Kirkland.
Goals: Jenas 40, Wright-Phillips 62.
Goals: Jenas 40, Wright-Phillips 62.
Switzerland: Benaglio, Lichtsteiner (Behrami 46), Senderos (Grichting 55), Eggiman, Spycher, Inler, Gelson (Huggel 84), Barnetta, Yakin (Margairaz 63), Gygax (Vonlanthen 46), Nkufo (Derdiyok 46).Subs Not Used: Zuberbuhler, Coltorti, Ziegler.
Goals: Derdiyok 58.
Goals: Derdiyok 58.
Att: 86,857.
Ref: Felix Brych (Germany)
Man Of The Match: Joe Cole
86,857 fans turned out that night. Amazing crowd. Crazy fans. My friend told me I might need to wait for 3 hours to get onto the tube, for that I left the stadium 5 minutes before the match ended. When I arrived the tube station, I couldnt believe my eyes because the crowd was massive, and the queue was really long. I swear, I have never seen this big crowded before. I reckon It would take more than 5 hours for me to get onto tube. To avoid the crowd, I jumped onto bus without knowing where it headed to. I got off in Wembley Central, then take another bus to Paddington, changed another bus to Baker Street, then the 4th bus to Edgware Road. It was a long ride, it took me 3 hours to reach home. It was a cold night, I even tried twice to stop the cab in Paddington, but both cabs were taken.
Was indeed a wonderful experience. I know how badly Eric and David want to visit England because of the football matches. Guys, i think I am way luckier this time :)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home