Men in Skirt - Scotland!
Spent a good 9 days in Scotland, definitely a worthwhile trip. The first 3 days was at Buchanan Galleries, Glasgow for work, promoting laser eye treatment. Buchanan Street is the busiest shopping street in the UK after Oxford Street in London. Being told that i can skip Glasgow if i visit Scotland simply because nothing much u can do and see in Glasgow. I have different opinion after this trip, I love Glasgow and I would love to visit Glasgow again, as soon as possible! I made some good friends there. Glasgow with around 600,000 population is the largest city in Scotland, and largest retail central after London. Glasgow was European City of Culture in 1990 and will host the 2014 Commonwealth Games. Glasgow is a city of Architecture with amazing victorian buildings and the art and work from Charles Rennie Mackintosh. I would definitely go back to visit the School of Art which has amazing collection of Mackintosh.
I like the Scotts' accent, very entertaining. People are VERY friendly, compared to London. I would definitely move to Glasgow if I dont have a job in London, positive vibes! The first night in Glasgow was relaxed, watching 1000BC with John and Rohit at the tallest cinema (cineworld) in the world. The movie was ok, slow and dragging. The highlight of the trip was I got the opportunity to dress the kilt. Always wondering why men wear kilt in Scotland. Thanks for Harry who lend me his kilt.
After my work and comfortable stay in Holiday Inn, I joined the 3 days Timberbush Highlands Tours visiting Scotland's largest and best known islands - the land of the Viking, the McLeod and the MacDonald, the majestic Cuillin mountains and the dramatic Trotternish peninsula.
The trip started with following the banks of LOCH LOMOND, we travel through the lands of CLAN CAMPBELL and MACGREGOR, over RANNOCH MOOR then on to the stunning valley of GLENCOE and Scotland's highest mountain, BEN NEVIS.From the town of FORT WILLIAM, we take the "ROAD TO THE ISLES", through the magnificent" FIVE SISTERS OF KINTAIL" mountains and over the Skye Bridge to our accommodation in the picturesque town of PORTREE. The second day more relaxing, we spent the whole day exploring the Skyes Island, and visited the Talisker Whiskey Distillery. Since I worked in Marriot, I have been attending many training about Whiskey, this trip definitely has magnificent impact on my current job. We started our 3rd day visiting EILEAN DONAN CASTLE featured in several movies including "HIGHLANDER". Do u know that u only pay 750 pounds to have ur wedding in this castle? We then stopped at FORT AUGUSTUS, a village commanding spectacular views of LOCH NESS for lunch.
I joined the tour from Glasgow, ended it in Edinburgh. Can't deny that Endiburgh has one of the most beautiful skyscapes. The old town are the castle are truly amazing and breathtaking. I broke my camera during the highlands tour, didnt really in the good mood to tour around Edinburgh. I vow to visit Scotland again soon, really soon.
I like the Scotts' accent, very entertaining. People are VERY friendly, compared to London. I would definitely move to Glasgow if I dont have a job in London, positive vibes! The first night in Glasgow was relaxed, watching 1000BC with John and Rohit at the tallest cinema (cineworld) in the world. The movie was ok, slow and dragging. The highlight of the trip was I got the opportunity to dress the kilt. Always wondering why men wear kilt in Scotland. Thanks for Harry who lend me his kilt.
After my work and comfortable stay in Holiday Inn, I joined the 3 days Timberbush Highlands Tours visiting Scotland's largest and best known islands - the land of the Viking, the McLeod and the MacDonald, the majestic Cuillin mountains and the dramatic Trotternish peninsula.
The trip started with following the banks of LOCH LOMOND, we travel through the lands of CLAN CAMPBELL and MACGREGOR, over RANNOCH MOOR then on to the stunning valley of GLENCOE and Scotland's highest mountain, BEN NEVIS.From the town of FORT WILLIAM, we take the "ROAD TO THE ISLES", through the magnificent" FIVE SISTERS OF KINTAIL" mountains and over the Skye Bridge to our accommodation in the picturesque town of PORTREE. The second day more relaxing, we spent the whole day exploring the Skyes Island, and visited the Talisker Whiskey Distillery. Since I worked in Marriot, I have been attending many training about Whiskey, this trip definitely has magnificent impact on my current job. We started our 3rd day visiting EILEAN DONAN CASTLE featured in several movies including "HIGHLANDER". Do u know that u only pay 750 pounds to have ur wedding in this castle? We then stopped at FORT AUGUSTUS, a village commanding spectacular views of LOCH NESS for lunch.
I joined the tour from Glasgow, ended it in Edinburgh. Can't deny that Endiburgh has one of the most beautiful skyscapes. The old town are the castle are truly amazing and breathtaking. I broke my camera during the highlands tour, didnt really in the good mood to tour around Edinburgh. I vow to visit Scotland again soon, really soon.

2 Comments:
If you want the visit to Talisket to have an impact, start spelling whisky WHISKY and not Whiskey as this is the American way - and they never spell properly :D We invented whisky, we should know how to spell it.
Glad you enjoyed your trip, I live in Kyleakin on Skye, Ive never been to visit Talisker, but I have been to Eilean Donan several times, including for the first wedding that they held in there some years back!
Thanks mate....typing error :), yeah, is whisKY.
cheers,
Darren
Post a Comment
<< Home