Newcastle upon Tyne

Before leaving to Heathrow Airport to Glasgow, Scotland in few hours time, i wanna post something about my trip last week (3rd-5th March) in NewCastle. It took me 3 hours by train from London to Newcastle. Amazed with the facilities in train espeacially the free WIFI and electrical plug at every seat!
Spent 3 days working at Eldon Square and met many lovely people. They speak Geordie in Newcastle, I can barely understand them with that accent. Ruth, colleage of mine tought me few words, e.g. Brolly means umbrella, howey means come on, I divina means I dont know. Being told that even British in London have hard time to understand their accent. I find it cute and very entertaining.
Newcaslte reminds me on Newcastle United Club, Michael Owen is playing in this club now.
Nothing much to do in this city, clubs/pubs close as early as 10pm. Somehow I like this city because it is not too crowded and busy like London. People are definately more friendly. This old lady led me from my hotel ( Holiday Inn) to my work place ( Eldon Square) though she was headed to different direction. In her 50s, been to London twice, told me that Londoners are not friendly at all. She even showed me around the city and reminded me to have English food - fish and chips! I can feel her hospitality.
Am lucky to have this new job; flight, hotel and meal are all paid by the company. I love travelling, guess this is the perfect job for me at this point of time.
Will work over this weekend in Glasgow, then spend a week holiday around Scotland. Gonna pack now...Well write more soon....

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home